The parish church of St Cyriacus is the oldest building in the village. The current building is estimated to date back to around 1100 or earlier. Special door constructions and Romanesque arches indicate this age. The old Romanesque church was lower than the present one. A wall ledge on the south wall still shows the old height, and vertical wall joints indicate the old Romanesque windows, which were only replaced by the current ones in the Baroque period, after 1600. The church was probably converted into a fortified church after 1250. In addition to the construction of the defence tower, the old nave of the church was also raised at that time. The four protruding corner turrets, which give the tower its special character, served as a defence, from which the tower could be easily defended from above. The church was extended and expanded several times in the last century.
About: Catholic parish church of St Cyriacus, Katholische Pfarrkirche St. Cyriacus
schema:Thing, schema:Place, schema:CivicStructure, schema:Organization, schema:LocalBusiness, schema:LandmarksOrHistoricalBuildings, schema:PlaceOfWorship, schema:TouristAttraction, thuecat:Building, thuecat:ReligiousBuilding, ttgds:PointOfInterest
@text